Ships and Fleets
- To repair your ships faster in the early stages of the game
break up you fleet into segments and repair them so that the fleets
repair time is less than 5 mins.
- To do this remove damaged ships from a fleet until the repair time says less that 5 mins then repair those ships.
- After you get those ships in the fleet repaired add more damaged ones keeping the time below 5 min so your can use the speed-up feature and complete repairs fast until the fleet is fully repaired.
- Making ships that have 300 ship health allows you to speed-up repair on them because it need 5 minute to repair.
- The game repairs at a speed of 1 ship health per second. So, 5 min max time for speed-up feature makes 60 ship health per min equals 5 X 60 = 300 ship health.
- With the use of the tip above you can repair a fleet of ships, were each ship has less than 300 ship health, that should take close to 25 min in less that 1 min.
- Subs repair at 1 ship health per 4 seconds.
- Example 1. Marauder with Titanium I armor 295 armor which is a 4min 55sec repair time.
- Example 2. Predator Submarine with no armor has base of 80 armor & a repair time of 5min 33sec.
- Place ships of less than 300 ship health as the front ships in fleets that are attacking Draconian fleets so they can soak up the damage and have heavier ships following them up to deal the killing blow. This will allow you to keep fleets repaired up and in fighting shape when dealing with most NPC fleets.
- Timing out battles - If your fleet gets into a battle by mistake with another players fleet both players are able to get out of the battle without taking any damage by each turning their fleets away from each other and staying out of weapon range. Then the players just have to wait 5 mins for the battle to time out.
- Flipping between ships in ship battles - While in fleet combat you can hit the left and right arrow keys to jump or flip between the ships in your fleet.
- If your fleet attacks a base, it can hold up to 500% of it's regular max cargo. That is provided that the base has so much resources.
- If your fleet is mining and is in danger of being attacked by a Draconian fleet, you can release the resource. Then your fleet won't be attacked. Afterwards you can easily reclaim the resource and continue mining.
- A white skull on a resource or salvage fleet means you control a mine or cargo ship, a red skull means it is controlled by another player, and a red dragon on the flag mean's it is computer controlled. You can very easy take over a salvage fleet or resource that is unoccupied and controlled by another player. Careful though, the other player might not like it.
- You can hide a fleet under a draconian base for an ambush. You can't be hit that way.
It is possible to hide fleets under a base, lvl9 metal or zynthium mine. Here is how you hide a fleet. First send a fleet to go straight over the base or mine you wish to hide it behind. As soon as the fleet is behind it just click to attack it and the fleet will stop right behind the base/mine. If it is a base then you can just click retreat to avoid battle while that isn’t possible with a mine.
There are a few reasons for wanting to do this such as when attacking a base you won’t be able to move your fleet away straight after the attack which makes it the perfect time for someone to ninja you. (The BYM ninja is now in BP!) So hiding your fleet under the base you are attacking means that no one can attack your fleet while it is under the base. That means you can safely attack without the risk of someone attacking you straight afterwards. Another reason for hiding a fleet behind a base is that when your fleet is 40mins away from your base and you need to keep it in that area for later but you won’t be online for awhile, to avoid it being attacked you could just hide it. It can also be used when guarding your base to hide a guard fleet so that the attacker won’t know about it until its too late.
Hiding fleets under mines doesn’t really help miners but it can give a fleet raider the element of surprise. Simply hide the fleet then wait for a miner to come along and start mining, when you think the mining fleet is almost full just attack it.